To help social change leaders and organizations excel ~ To create and launch innovative networks and collaborations ~ To interpret complex global trends and identify opportunities for impact.
WHERE I'VE BROUGHT IMPACT
Executive Director, Carr Center for Human Rights Policy at Harvard Kennedy School (current) | Lecturer at Harvard, UCLA, USC | Vice President of human rights organization UUSC | President, Southern California Grantmakers | Program Officer with Ford and Open Society Foundations | Juror, Robert F. Kennedy Center's International Human Rights Award | Independent Consultant
What i've Achieved ... in partnership with others
- Conceptualized, launched, and scaled social justice foundations focused on gender justice and human rights.
- Created and launched a $100 million global philanthropic initiative.
- Helped manage a $50 million immigrant and refugee rights' fund and designed and convened a funders' collaborative on immigrant and refugee rights.
- Revitalized a philanthropic network whose members' assets exceeded $50 billion.
- Developed strategy and programs of a human rights organization around environmental justice, economic justice, and rights at risk.
- Designed leadership and capacity building programs and provided executive coaching to social change leaders.
- Developed graduate curricula and taught courses at Harvard Kennedy School, UCLA, and USC on global civil society, nonprofit policy and management, inter-sectoral leadership, and policy analysis and communications.